Secrets to Leading Highly Effective Sales Conversations with Sera Lo
Hey side hustlers!
I feel so lucky today because we had our first interview on The Side Hustler Podcast!
If you are wanting to learn more about how to lead effective sales conversations, you have to keep tuning in because Sera Lo from seralo.co is going to be dropping all the juicy secrets!
Sera is an Online Business Coach for female entrepreneurs who want to grow their business to make massive impact and income. There are so many things we covered and I can’t wait for all of you to tune in. Let’s dive in.
1. Welcome to The Side Hustler Podcast Sera! For starters, can you tell us more about what you do?
Sera: I’m an online business coach where I help designers, coaches or service based female entrepreneurs to attract their ideal clients into their business to grow their income, money and impact doing what they love. I believe in designing a profitable business around the lifestyle that we all want and doing what we love.
2. You have such an interesting and inspiring story where you’ve never side hustled before. What got you started into the online business and entrepreneurial space?
Sera: Around 10 years ago at the age of 17, it was just a phase where I completed my school and didn’t go to college. I was stuck in between and my grades weren’t that good. I didn’t want to continue my studies and I saw my parents doing their own business growing up.
I wanted to do my own thing and at age 16, I started to think about how I could make more money. I started to sell clothes (second hand) and thought wow! I could actually grow something from here. Age 17 was my first online business where I started an e-commerce fashion shop. It grew quite big for my age!
I was always at my desk and I found myself getting anxiety attacks because I wasn’t surrounding myself with people.
I ended up getting a 9-5 and as much as I loved my 9-5, I felt something was missing and I couldn’t wrap my head around it. I came back from work one day and I was talking to my partner and he said “well, quit your job… if this isn’t making you happy, do something about it.” I quit my job the next day.
I then started out as a brand and web designer to now an online business coach.
3. The content you put out there is absolutely amazing and you put so much care and intention into all the content you put out (especially your ebooks!). Can you share your tips and tricks on your content strategy?
I struggled with this a lot when I was first starting out. After trial and error one strategy I use is very simple: understand the problems you help solve for your ideal clients.
4. You are a wizard when it comes to selling and it’s so inspiring for me to watch you. I see you post about your offers all the time on Instagram stories with confidence but I’m guessing it wasn’t always like this. What is your relationship with selling and sales and how has it shifted over the years?
I used to have a relationship with money that I thought selling was icky because of my limiting beliefs from personal experience.
You need to shift your mindset and remember that selling is simply a conversation. There is no need to say “buy now! save x%.”
5. What is your current strategy when it comes to selling your programs and how do you lead effective sales conversations?
I never really reach out to people in terms of relating to my services. I barely start conversations with people in the DMs. Instagram Stories is my main hub and I put daily tips of the day that gives value to my audience. I show up. I give my audience valuable content, behind the scenes and also be myself.
6. I’ve been stalking you all over your stories and I know you’re on a mission to go travelling. How has your business allowed you live this freedom lifestyle?
You can go anywhere with just a laptop and wifi! I believe that it’s so important to design the lifestyle that you love. You shouldn’t sacrifice what you want in your personal life to your business.
7. What does the word hustle mean for you?
Hustle means a lot of things and it gets a bad reputation and grinding. It’s enjoying the process and enjoying what you’re doing. In life and business, you are bound to experience the ups and downs. Stay grateful!
8. What is next for you in your business?
Currently in the midst of creating an online course that is related to sales. I know that this is going to be the next step to help people increase sales and selling with ease. Alongside, I will also have my private mentorship programs.
9. Where can everyone find you?
Subscribe & Leave a Review
Want to be the first to know when a new episode gets released? Subscribe to The Side Hustler Podcast:
If you loved this episode, make sure you take a screenshot and tag me on Instagram @itstiffcheng so I can share it with my community and together we can spread the side hustle movement.